This is free art – it is under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
Type: iPhones, iPads, android, etc…
Letter Tiles For Word Games
This game art pack was created in response to a suggestion left on this post – if you have an idea for a game pack, go to that post and submit your idea!
There are a lot of word games out there that just use letter tiles and maybe a board. Using your imagination and these letter tiles, you’ll have your own word game in no time!
Since these are just tiles, there’s a lot you can do with them. Think Scrabble, Letterpress, TextTwist… I could go on, but there are lots of games that involve making words out of the letter tiles given to you randomly.
You could also use these in a spelling app, or as icons wherever you need a stylish letter.
If you want your letter tiles to have point values, add the number to the lower right of the tile. Give it a small light brown drop shadow so that it looks like it was pressed into the surface.
Note: this pack does not have a board to go with it. This is because there are so many types of word games, I didn’t know what people would actually use.
If you have an idea or request for a board to go with your tiles, leave a comment with the following:
- What overall pixel size the board should be, including border
- How many squares wide and tall you need
- What size your tiles will be (how tall and wide the squares need to be)
- Specific colors that you would like, if any
I will try to create any requests if I have time for them – keep them simple and I can make them faster!
Game Pack Contents
- 26 letter tiles and a blank tile
- 2 versions of each tile (different wood grain, for variety)
- Three sizes: 67 pixels square, 134 pixels, and 268 pixels. Pick the one closest to what you need, and resize from there.
- A 2048×2048 blank tile for use as an app icon (this large size is for the iTunes store). A suggestion: give whatever you put on the tile (a letter, graphic, etc) a light-brown drop shadow to make it look pressed into the surface.
Update: the pack also includes 3 double-width tiles: “Submit”, “Shuffle” and one is blank.