This is free art – it is under a Creative Commons Attribution License.
Type: iPad retina, iPad unretina, iPhone retina, iPhone unretina
Download the art here, or read on for an explanation.
Frogs & Lilypads Puzzle Game
Two weeks ago I asked you, the readers, to submit ideas for a free game pack. Here is the first game pack I chose to make!
The request was for a top-down set of art suitable for puzzle games, with a frog that can jump, lilypads to jump around on, and some extras.
A cute frog and some lilypads? Sounds like fun to me!
Again, this art pack was made possible by your suggestions, so if you have ideas for future game packs, click here and leave your idea as a comment!
The idea is for a puzzle game – jumping the lilypads in a way that gets you to the end of the level. You can collect rewards (a fly!) and avoid bad stuff (snake, rocks).
The exact puzzle concept is up to you – I don’t make puzzles :]
Game Pack Contents
- iPad and iPad retina
- iPhone and iPhone retina
- iPhone 5
On a side note, can a developer tell me what’s preferred now that we have the wider iPhone 5? Do you want separate images for the iPhone and the iPhone 5, or just the iPhone 5 (with the expectation that the edges will hang off of the older iPhones)?
- Background tile: for iPad and iPhone – in case you want to make your background with a tileable image rather than a single large background image.
- Level art: each of these is provided in iPad and iPhone sizes
- Frog sprites (8) – this frog can sit, jump (with a 7-frame animation), and be dead
- Lilypads (4) – four different colors for various puzzle needs – one for the start, another for the end, another for the “already jumped on” color, etc.
- Rock (1) – an obstacle
- Fly (2) – a fly, for the frog to eat! You can make it a 2-frame flying animation when it moves around.
- Snake sprites (8) – an 8-frame swimming snake animation
- Toolbar gradient – stretchable
- Small frog icon – for use in the toolbar
- Button – for start or option screens
- A large frog – size 1024×1024 pixels, suitable for icons, title screens, etc.
- Large lilypads – to use in icons, title screens, etc.
- animated GIFs of the frog and the snake, to see what your animals should look like in the game.